Create from your kitchen table with reDiscover Center! Our MakerChats are 10, 20 or 30 minute online video sessions to help guide young people on the road to making and tinkering from home. One of our experienced facilitators will coach you in identifying available tools and recycled materials, learning making skills, and designing their own projects. We can either help develop an existing idea, or inspire with open-ended prompts that will make your imagination take off. Want to make a marble run, articulated puppet, or a contraption to high five people from across the room? We love making and tinkering with creatively reused materials and want to share that with you, to help improve your day and develop your creative skills!
Some topics you might discuss in a MakerChat:
- I want to show off my project!
- I have some questions about this thing I'm trying to make.
- What are some ideas of maker projects I can do?
- I need some advice on collecting materials from around my home.
- I’m concerned about safely using tools. (for parents and tinkerers together)
For ages 5-9 with an adult and 10+ unaccompanied or with an adult. $20 per session.