Weekend Programs Manager - PT
reDiscover seeks a Weekend Programs Manager for in person retail and workshop management in Venice or Culver City. reDiscover is a community non-profit that provides hands-on art and STEAM programs for youth ages 4-16 using sustainable materials. This position will manage one of our locations’ weekend operations, facilitating family art activities by appointment. Children explore hands-on, open-ended prompts as catalysts for creativity, adventure, and self-directed learning. Building in cardboard, recyclables, and curated industrial offcuts and scraps, kids think, make, and tinker in a unique atmosphere of trust and responsibility.
Weekend Programs Manager Job Description
As Weekend Programs Manager, you will have overall responsibility for a schedule of art activities on Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00-4:30, teaching workshops and supervising Volunteer and Assistant Facilitators. You will be the point of contact for clients throughout the booking process and day-of interactions, providing a welcoming experience for all members of the reDiscover community.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Follow Covid-19 safety guidelines required of all staff working in person
- Opening and closing
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Processing transactions
- Facilitating artmaking
- Meeting sales targets for take home kits and materials
- Maintaining tools and equipment in safe working order
- Working with family groups
- Light building maintenance and cleaning/sanitizing
Weekly responsibilities include:
- Client relations
- Marketing, including social media messaging
- Meeting sales targets for bookings
- Preparing materials and equipment
- Coordinating with Admin and Programs Teams
This new position is being offered as part of reDiscover’s return to in-person programming. This position has substantial growth potential as public health restrictions continue to ease, including promotion to full time benefits-eligible work. As a reDiscover employee at the Lead level, you will be eligible to cross train to lead sessions of reDiscover’s summer camps and after school programs.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Familiarity with arts education, open-ended play, child-centered learning, constructionism, tinkering, or similar educational concepts
- Crafting and/or woodworking tools and techniques
- GSuite, Square Appointments, Hootsuite, or similar; video production for social media a plus
- Excellent customer service skills, including by phone, email, messaging, and in person
- Management experience
- Highly independent
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a weekend position, Saturday and Sunday, with a 9:30-5:30 shift including a 30 minute unpaid meal break, plus 2.5 hours floating schedule during the week for team coordination and client communications.
This position pays $25/hour and is eligible for paid sick leave and participation in reDiscover’s retirement plan.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for this position.