What’s in the Tinkering Toolkit
Tinkering Toolkit has all of our favorite tools and a starter pack of materials that can be used in a ton of different ways. This kit includes tool safety sheets and activity guides to get your started.
We’ve included our very favorites for:
- Safety equipment: kid-sized gloves and safety glasses
- Cardboard tools: Canary cutter, screwdriver for punching holes
- Connections: Hot glue gun and extra hot glue sticks, school glue, glue stick, masking tape, brass fasteners
- Wireworking/heavy duty wrangling: Pliers, diagonal wire cutters, sandpaper
- Materials from our Creative Reuse Warehouse, such as bamboo skewers, wire, pencils, fabric scraps, buttons, and more
- Safety instructions for all of the included tools
Buy One/Give One! Each purchase of a Tinkering Toolkit funds the distribution of a Tinkering Toollkit to a low income youth participating in reDiscover Center programs or at our network of LA-area schools.
Are you part of a Title I school in Los Angeles County? Grant funded classroom sets of Tinkering Toolkits are available for qualifying schools. Contact email@example.com for more information.