9:00 AM-2:00 PM Ages: 7-12
Dates and registration coming soon!
Tinkering Camp One Day camp will have prompts and a schedule of alternating online and offline building time, with group chats and sharing, as well as one-on-one check-ins with the facilitator. Prompts may include secret hiding places, moving contraptions, Hack Your Home, and more!
Please have gathered the following tools and basic materials at least three days before camp (You may have these already. If not, you can purchase them on your own, or contact us about borrowing tools):
- Canary-style cutter (such as https://amzn.to/3bThqYj)
- Hot glue gun
- Wire cutters (such as https://amzn.to/3dQoHtT), useful for more than just wire!
- Pliers (such as https://amzn.to/3dOEHN0), you can get a pair of pliers with wire cutters built in instead of getting them separately.
- Kids’ safety glasses (if you don’t wear eyeglasses already)
- Gloves (fabric, gardening, leather - anything that comfortably covers their hands and won’t be melted by hot glue will do - if you want to get fancy, we like these https://amzn.to/2xKAOrR)
- Tape (masking, scotch, and/or duct tape)
- Glue stick, school glue
Suggested materials to search for at home:
- Aluminum foil, paper cups, bottle lids, empty clean plastic bottle, string/yarn, rubber bands
- Cardboard - both corrugated (such as delivery boxes) and paperboard (such as cereal boxes and paper towel rolls)
- Sticks, such as skewers, popsicle sticks, coffee stirrers, straws, etc
- Brads/brass fasteners
- Whatever recycled/unwanted materials look interesting!
Beginning with tool technique and safety training, the day progresses through exciting rapid design challenges and brainstorming methods to get participants ready for a big afternoon project of their own creation. We provide tools from scissors to power drills, a wide variety of versatile and inspiring materials, and just the right amount of staff guidance to let kids take ownership of the skills they acquire and the super-cool contraptions they bring to life from their imaginations. No one with open toed shoes, loose hair or clothing will be allowed in the shop. Parent Camp Information
*Cancellation fee: Waived until four weeks before registered camp week, then 50% of tuition paid until two weeks before camp week, then 100% of tuition paid less than two weeks before camp week. Camp tuition is transferable to a substitute camper in full, at time of cancellation only. See our full Cancellation Policy for more details.
reDiscover Center offers Summer, Winter, and Spring Break Camps. Want the Tinkering camp experience for your school, organization, or group? Submit a Booking Request online or call 310-393-3636.