This winter, Tinkering Camp is returning to big tools and Big Builds! Following evolving protocols for school-age children, we’ve updated our program to provide access to power saws, crafting tools, lumber, cardboard, and piles and piles of creative reuse materials. Tinkerers will remain masked and follow social distancing practices while working together in teams to dream, design, and build projects as wild as their imaginations.Please read our In-Person COVID Policy.
Come build amazing eco-friendly creations with us! Tinkering Camp teaches children the skills they need to turn their wildest imaginings into robust items made from wood, plastic, metal, and fabric. With a 5:1 camper to facilitator ratio, our workshop provides a supportive environment for personal growth through skills development and creative construction. Campers use hand and power tools and work together to create huge and amazing projects.
- Dec. 20 – 23 Monday – Thursday
- Dec. 27 – 30 Monday – Thursday
- Jan. 3-7 Monday -Friday
- Jan. 10 Monday
- 9:00am – 3:00pm No aftercare available
- At reDiscover Center
- $120 – $525 per week
- *If reDiscover is forced to cancel a camp session due to the pandemic, you will receive a full refund or credit.
- Apply for a needs-based scholarship
- Add-on a Tinkering Tool Kit if you would like your very own set to take home when the week is over.
Cardboard Art and Engineering, In-Person Weekly Classes
Come build amazing eco-friendly creations! At Cardboard Art and Engineering, reDiscover’s Facilitators teach children the skills they need to turn their wildest imaginings into real world items made from all sorts of accessible, upcycled materials. While practicing social distancing with their own personal workspace and dedicated set of tools, the group will have activities that encourage socialization and cooperation while building projects on their own to a group theme. Learn advanced cardboard construction techniques that can be brought home to generate hours of hands-on STEAM fun with just the content of your recycling bin.
Each day’s series will have its own theme, listed below. Please note that these classes do not use woodworking tools. Please read our In-Person COVID policies. Inquire about private classes firstname.lastname@example.org
- $240 – $300/ 8 – 10 week series; 12 students maximum – Scholarships Available
- $50 add-on for a Tinkering Tool Kit recommended but not required.
- Home School Funds Accepted
- Ages 7-12
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- 1st Session: Mondays Jan. 10 – Feb. 28 **NO CLASS 1/17 and 2/21** – prorated for joining in the 2nd or 3rd week
- 2nd Session: Mondays March 17 – April 4
Creative Woodworking One Day Camps
Come build amazing eco-friendly creations with us! Children learn the skills they need to turn their wildest imaginings into robust items made from wood, plastic, metal, and fabric. While practicing social distancing with their own workbench and set of tools, the group will have activities that encourage socialization and cooperation while building projects on their own to a group theme. With a 5:1 camper to facilitator ratio, our workshop provides a supportive environment for personal growth through skills development and creative construction. Please read our In-Person COVID policies.
Special Project Workshops
Join our Facilitators to try your hand at a variety of activities, from weaving to recycled mechanical contraptions to collage art. Great for scouts! Use or purchase one of our Tinkering Tool Kits or Material Boxes.
- Prices vary. Contact us to schedule at email@example.com.
Whether it’s a group of students from one classroom, or multiple, we provide a fun and engaging activity that we will help your group to accomplish, using materials that you can either gather or that we provide for you to pick up. Choose from themes like our popular Tin Forest, Loose Parts, Parachute Pals, or let us customize an activity for you.
- Please fill out a booking request form or contact us at 310-393-3636 to determine the right program for your group.
- $10/student; contact us for T1 school rates.