Cardboard Art and Engineering, In-Person Weekly Classes
Come build amazing eco-friendly creations! At Cardboard Art and Engineering, reDiscover’s Facilitators teach children the skills they need to turn their wildest imaginings into real world items made from all sorts of accessible, upcycled materials. While practicing social distancing with their own personal workspace and dedicated set of tools, the group will have activities that encourage socialization and cooperation while building projects on their own to a group theme. Learn advanced cardboard construction techniques that can be brought home to generate hours of hands-on STEAM fun with just the content of your recycling bin.
Each day’s series will have its own theme, listed below. Please note that these classes do not use woodworking tools. Please read our In-Person COVID policies. Inquire about private classes email@example.com
Creative Woodworking One Day Camps
Come build amazing eco-friendly creations with us! Children learn the skills they need to turn their wildest imaginings into robust items made from wood, plastic, metal, and fabric. While practicing social distancing with their own workbench and set of tools, the group will have activities that encourage socialization and cooperation while building projects on their own to a group theme. With a 5:1 camper to facilitator ratio, our workshop provides a supportive environment for personal growth through skills development and creative construction. Please read our In-Person COVID policies. Inquire about camps firstname.lastname@example.org
- $120/per camper; 12 campers per room maximum – Scholarships Available
- $50 add-on for a Tinkering Tool Kit if you don’t have one already
- Home School Funds Accepted
- Ages 7-12
- 9:00 – 3:00pm
- October 11 – Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- November 11 – Veterans Day
- No Aftercare
- No one with open toed shoes, loose hair, or loose clothing will be allowed in the workshop
Special Project Workshops
Join our Facilitators to try your hand at a variety of activities, from weaving to recycled mechanical contraptions to collage art. Great for scouts! Use or purchase one of our Tinkering Tool Kits or Material Boxes.
- Prices vary. Contact us to schedule at email@example.com.
Whether it’s a group of students from one classroom, or multiple, we provide a fun and engaging activity that we will help your group to accomplish, using materials that you can either gather or that we provide for you to pick up. Choose from themes like our popular Tin Forest, Loose Parts, Parachute Pals, or let us customize an activity for you.
- Please fill out a booking request form or contact us at 310-393-3636 to determine the right program for your group.
- $10/student; contact us for T1 school rates.
At Home Tinkering Together
By popular demand, we are continuing this summer program into the fall. Bring a week of reDiscover exploration to your home! We will provide flexible tool kits and materials, instructions for tool safety, video chat guidance for parents, and exciting activities to take both child and parent on a journey of skill building and imagination. We will give you prompts and projects to fill 2-4 hours per day (taking breaks when needed). If you want to keep going, the sky’s the limit!
- $125/week; Ages 5+
- 4 children minimum (parents ask your friends to join!)
- First week includes a Tinkering Tool Kit; any additional weeks include a box of fun materials, free for pickup or shipped for $10.
- Contact us to schedule at firstname.lastname@example.org.