Our COVID-19 Response
We are committed to keeping your children, our staff, and the community safe during this time, and appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these COVID-19 safety guidelines.
COVID-19 Policies to Ensure Community Safety and Physical Distancing
The following information was last updated on March 7, 2022.
- reDiscover Center is open only for scheduled events, appointments, registered programs, and private bookings. Drop in Open Hours, including Tool Training, Tinkering Club and Crafting Corner, are currently closed.
- Materials sales are available seven days a week. Email email@example.com to schedule a weekday or weekend appointment.
- Telephone orders of prepacked materials and Tinkering Toolkits may be picked up inside or curbside.
- Donations will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with information and photographs with what you would like to donate. Please do not drop by without contacting us first. Thank you for your donations!
- All in-person programming will operate according to LA County DPH guidelines.
- In-person programs will have limited capacity based on space and staff requirements.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings at all times while inside, except when eating or drinking. Bandanas or gaiters are not permitted as an alternative unless the physician has advised against wearing a mask. Per updated LACDPH guidelines, close fitting non-cloth masks are strongly recommended. Non-cloth masks are available free of charge.
- All reDiscover staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit weekly negative PCR test results.
- All visitors who are eligible for vaccinations are highly encouraged to get vaccinated.
- We will not be providing food for participants.
- Any participants and staff who enter the building may have their temperature checked and asked about any symptoms they are experiencing before gaining admittance.
- Anyone who has a temperature over 100.1 or who has symptoms of any illness (cough, difficulty breathing, sniffling, etc) will not be allowed in the building and should be kept home. Any student who develops symptoms of illness while at reDiscover will be immediately isolated and will need to be picked up as soon as possible.
- Everyone is encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently, including when they first enter the building, after using the bathroom, and before and after eating.
- All knobs, handles, and shared surfaces will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- reDiscover provides paid sick leave for all staff, who are expected to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- If you have any additional questions about our COVID-19 policies, please contact us.
- We are not providing in-person programming for children under the age of 6 at this time, with the exception of Weekend Family Crafting, available by reservation and private programming. To book a private workshop, birthday party, or class, email email@example.com to discuss options for private events. 6 year olds may request an assessment for eligibility to join camps/classes listed as ages 7+.
- Our Tinkering Toolkit, which includes our favorite tools and a selection of materials, is the perfect platform for home-based making that transforms cardboard and other recyclables into robust creative projects.