Our COVID-19 Response
We are committed to keeping your children, our staff, and the community safe during this time, and appreciate your patience as we have made modifications to our programming.
COVID-19 Policies to Ensure Community Safety and Physical Distancing
The following information was updated on June 16th, 2021, and follows the most recent health officer orders for facilities that serve children under 12.
- Drop in Open Hours including Tool Training, Tinkering Club and Crafting Corner are CLOSED for the time being. No non-participant customers are allowed inside the building.
- Materials sales are available for curbside pickup. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with what you are looking for and we will pack it for you. Pre-packed Materials Kits are available for $25.
- Purchases of Tinkering Tool Kits may be picked up curbside.
- Donations will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Email email@example.com with information and photographs with what you would like to donate. Please do not drop by without contacting us first. Thank you for your donation!
- All in-person programming will operate according to LA County DPH guidelines.
- In-person programs will have limited capacity based on space and staff requirements. Every participant will have their own assigned workstation spaced at least 3′ apart with necessary tools and space to store their personal items. These include plexiglass dividers between stations to maintain distance while still allowing communication.
- All people in the building are required to wear cloth face coverings at all times, except when eating or drinking. Bandanas or gaiters are not permitted as an alternative unless the physician has advised against wearing a mask.
- We will not be providing food for participants.
- Parents are not allowed inside the building.
- Any participants and staff who enter the building must first have their temperature checked and asked about any symptoms they are experiencing.
- Anyone who has a temperature over 100.1 or who has symptoms of any illness (cough, difficulty breathing, sniffling, etc) will not be allowed in the building and should be kept home. Any student who develops symptoms of illness while at reDiscover will be immediately separated from the group and will need to be picked up as soon as possible.
- Everyone is required to wash their hands frequently, including when they first enter the building. If someone needs to leave their station, they will be provided with hand sanitizer to help minimize germ spread.
- We have set up additional hand washing stations to prevent gathering around the bathroom.
- All knobs, handles, and shared surfaces will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- reDiscover provides sick leave for all staff, who are expected to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- If you have any additional questions about our COVID-19 policies, please contact us.
- We are not providing in-person programming for children under the age of 7 at this time, with the exception of Weekend Family Crafting, available by reservation.
- We have created a number of online classes and workshops, where children work independently at home with a facilitator in a group of up to 6 students. You can learn more about these here.
- Our Tinkering Tool Kit, which includes our favorite tools and a selection of materials, is the perfect platform for home-based making that transforms cardboard and other recyclables into robust creative projects.